Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and services vehicles of service station customers through performance of any of following tasks: Examines vehicles and confers with customers to determine malfunction and repairs desired.
- 2) Refers customer with major vehicle repairs to garage.
- 3) Removes and replaces parts of ignition system, such as spark plugs, points, coil, or alternator to complete tune-up or replace malfunctioning part of system, using mechanic's handtools, gauges, and test meters.
- 4) Turns adjustment screws of carburetor to set idle speed of engine, using screwdriver.
- 5) Replaces defective chassis parts, such as shock absorbers, balljoint suspension, brakeshoes, and wheel bearings.
Is being an "AUTOMOBILE-SERVICE-STATION MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AUTOMOBILE-SERVICE-STATION MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AUTOMOBILE-SERVICE-STATION MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AUTOMOBILE-SERVICE-STATION MECHANIC"
Job Number: 470