"AUTOMOBILE RENTAL CLERK"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Rents automobiles to customers: Talks with customer to determine type of automobile and accessories desired, such as power steering and air-conditioning, location for pick up and return of automobile, and number of days needed for rental.
- 2) Quotes cost of rental, based on type of automobile, daily rates, estimated mileage, insurance coverages requested, and amount of deposit required.
- 3) Examines customer's driver's license and credit card, to determine validity of identification and eligibility for rental.
- 4) Completes rental contract, explains rental policies and procedures, verifies credit, and obtains customer signature and deposit.
- 5) Calls storage or service area to determine automobile availability and request delivery, and to check automobile upon return for damage and to record mileage and fuel level reading.
- 6) Accepts automobiles returned by customer and computes rental charges based on type of automobile, length of time, distance traveled, taxes, and other expenses, such as late charges or damage fees incurred during rental.
- 7) May reconcile cash or credit card slips with rental agreements and send to management.
- 8) May inspect automobile fluid levels and add fluids, such as fuel, oil, and engine coolant to maintain automobile.
- 9) May deliver automobile to customer.
- 10) May keep log to track location of rented automobiles.
- 11) May be designated according to type of automobile rented as Limousine Rental Clerk.
Is being an "AUTOMOBILE RENTAL CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AUTOMOBILE RENTAL CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AUTOMOBILE RENTAL CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AUTOMOBILE RENTAL CLERK"
Job Number: 4011