"AUTOMATIC CASTING-FORGING MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls and monitors operation of automatic casting-forging machine to cast, forge, and trim nonferrous molten metal into finished forgings: Starts hydraulic pumps and sets timers and heater controls.
- 2) Turns automatic controls, such as shot weight and pouring speed, to set sequence of operation.
- 3) Notifies forklift operator to pour molten metal into container.
- 4) Pours molten metal into preform mold, using ladle, and starts manual operation for trial run.
- 5) Activates automatic pouring device to fill mold, and depresses controls to initiate automatic casting and forging operations.
- 6) Observes indexing mechanism that moves casting through sequence of operations, such as die press, quenching, and trimming.
- 7) Observes castings and forgings for imperfections, such as discolorations and distortions.
- 8) Realigns dies, castings, or forgings to correct out-of-tolerance conditions.
- 9) Observes lights on control panel to detect machine malfunctions and corrects conditions causing malfunctions, such as clogged filters and sticking valves.
Is being an "AUTOMATIC CASTING-FORGING MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AUTOMATIC CASTING-FORGING MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AUTOMATIC CASTING-FORGING MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AUTOMATIC CASTING-FORGING MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 435