"AUTOCLAVE OPERATOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls autoclave to process liquid, solid, and gaseous ingredients into chemical products according to specifications: Reads production schedule to determine product, ingredients, temperature, pressure, and duration of process.
- 2) Turns valves to load liquid ingredients into tank.
- 3) Weighs out and dumps solid ingredients and catalyst into equipment, and turns steam and coolant valves to heat mixture to specified temperature.
- 4) Turns valves to displace accumulated gases to avoid explosion.
- 5) Closes vent to seal autoclave.
- 6) Sets dials to control pressure and flow of gaseous material through mixture.
- 7) Opens vent to admit product into load tank.
- 8) Connects drain line from load tank to filter press, using handtools, and starts pumps to force product through press to separate catalyst.
- 9) Drains product into drum and starts pumps to transfer catalyst to load tank for reuse.
- 10) May test samples of materials produced, using refractometer or other standard test equipment, to ensure attainment of specified product.
Is being an "AUTOCLAVE OPERATOR I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AUTOCLAVE OPERATOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AUTOCLAVE OPERATOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AUTOCLAVE OPERATOR I"
Job Number: 1564