Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Audits financial records to determine tax liability: Reviews information gathered from taxpayer, such as material assets, income, surpluses, liabilities, and expenditures to verify net worth or reported financial status and identify potential tax issues.
- 2) Analyzes issues to determine nature, scope, and direction of investigation required.
- 3) Develops and evaluates evidence of taxpayer finances to determine tax liability, using knowledge of interest and discount, annuities, valuation of stocks and bonds, sinking funds, and amortization valuation of depletable assets.
- 4) Prepares written explanation of findings to notify taxpayer of tax liability.
- 5) Advises taxpayer of appeal rights.
- 6) May conduct on-site audits at taxpayer's place of business and be designated Field Auditor.
- 7) May audit individuals and small businesses through correspondence or by summoning taxpayer to branch office for interview and be designated Office Auditor.
- 8) May perform legal and accounting work in examination of records, tax returns, and related documents pertaining to tax settlement of decedent's estates and be designated Tax Analyst.
- 9) May review most complicated taxpayer accounts and be designated Tax Examiner.
Is being an "AUDITOR, TAX" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AUDITOR, TAX" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AUDITOR, TAX"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AUDITOR, TAX"
Job Number: 420