Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans audiovisual programs and administers library of film and other audiovisual materials: Assists patrons in selection of materials, utilizing knowledge of collections.
- 2) Advises other library personnel on audiovisual materials and appropriate selection for particular needs and uses.
- 3) Establishes and maintains contact with major film distributors and resources for procurement of tapes and cassettes.
- 4) Evaluates materials, considering their technical, informational, and aesthetic qualities, and selects materials for library collections.
- 5) Prepares summaries of acquisitions for catalog.
- 6) Prepares and arranges audiovisual programs for presentation to groups and may lead discussions after film showings.
- 7) Advises those planning audiovisual programs on technical problems, such as acoustics, lighting, and program content.
- 8) Evaluates audiovisual equipment and gives advice in selection of equipment, considering factors, such as intended use, quality, and price.
- 9) May advise in planning and layout of physical facilities for audiovisual services.
- 10) May operate film projectors, splicers, rewinders, film inspection equipment, and tape and record playing equipment.
- 11) May train personnel in operation and maintenance of audiovisual equipment.
- 12) May select, procure, and maintain framed art prints collection.
Is being an "AUDIOVISUAL LIBRARIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AUDIOVISUAL LIBRARIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AUDIOVISUAL LIBRARIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AUDIOVISUAL LIBRARIAN"
Job Number: 2683