Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sells articles at auction to highest bidder: Appraises merchandise before sale and assembles merchandise in lots according to estimated value of individual pieces or type of article.
- 2) Selects article to be auctioned at suggestion of bidders or by own choice.
- 3) Appraises article and determines or asks for starting bid.
- 4) Describes merchandise and gives information about article, such as history and ownership, in order to encourage bidding.
- 5) Continues to ask for bids, attempting to stimulate buying desire of bidders.
- 6) Closes sale to highest bidder.
- 7) May write auction catalog and advertising copy for local or trade newspapers and periodicals.
- 8) May be designated according to property auctioned as Auctioneer, Art; Auctioneer, Automobile; Auctioneer, Furniture; Auctioneer, Livestock; Auctioneer, Real Estate; Auctioneer, Tobacco.
Is being an "AUCTIONEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AUCTIONEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AUCTIONEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AUCTIONEER"
Job Number: 407