"ASSISTANT PRESS OPERATOR, OFFSET"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks to assist OFFSET-PRESS OPERATOR I to make ready, operate, and maintain sheet-fed or web offset printing press: Inserts packing sheets on plate cylinder to build up plate to printing height, fastens reinforcing bars to offset blankets, and installs plates and blankets on press cylinders, using handtools and power tools, to achieve pressure required for printing.
- 2) Adjusts press machine parts, such as feeder and delivery mechanisms, suction grippers, guides, feed wheels, jogging device, tapes, and cams, as directed by OFFSET-PRESS OPERATOR I, using handtools.
- 3) Positions skid of unprinted sheets on feed device of sheet-fed press, using handtruck or electric lift-truck, or lifts and positions roll of paper in feed mechanism of web press, using chain hoist.
- 4) Fills ink and dampening solution fountains of press.
- 5) Observes press operation to detect machine malfunctions and examines printed copy for ink density, position on paper, and registration, and adjusts press or notifies OFFSET-PRESS OPERATOR I when malfunction occurs.
- 6) Removes loaded skid of printed material from stacking mechanism, using handtruck, and replaces loaded skid with empty skid.
- 7) Assists OFFSET-PRESS OPERATOR I to remove and replace worn rollers and adjust pressure between rollers of press, using handtools.
- 8) Washes press and cleans ink and ink distributing rollers and ink fountains, using ink solvent and cleaning mechanism on press.
- 9) Keeps daily time, production, and material usage reports.
- 10) May lead, give directions to, and monitor work of FEEDER ; JOGGER ; or ROLL TENDER.
Is being an "ASSISTANT PRESS OPERATOR, OFFSET" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASSISTANT PRESS OPERATOR, OFFSET" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASSISTANT PRESS OPERATOR, OFFSET"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASSISTANT PRESS OPERATOR, OFFSET"
Job Number: 390