Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out, marks, and cuts muslin pattern and garment parts for manufacturer of women's sportswear, using design sketch, master pattern, and scissors: Traces outline of specified paperboard pattern onto muslin fabric, and cuts muslin pattern, using scissors.
- 2) Positions and pins muslin pattern sections onto dressmaker model form for marking of style lines by designer.
- 3) Removes marked sections from model and traces style lines on pattern, using tracing wheel and carbon paper.
- 4) Positions and pins garment and muslin patterns onto form for designer to approve that patterns conform in proportion, harmony, and balance to design-sketch concept.
- 5) Traces and cuts garment fabric parts, following muslin pattern.
- 6) Advises workers who sew garment parts together on procedures, such as type of stitching, positioning of collars and sleeves on garments, and correcting defects.
Is being an "ASSISTANT DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASSISTANT DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASSISTANT DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASSISTANT DESIGNER"
Job Number: 389