Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of radio or television news gathering staff: Maintains contact with outside news agencies, police and fire departments, and other news sources to obtain information regarding developing news items.
- 2) Determines priority and assigns coverage to news units.
- 3) Originates or approves ideas for news features.
- 4) Confers with DIRECTOR, NEWS and department heads to coordinate production activities.
- 5) Reads and edits news copy to ensure that slanderous, libelous, and profane statements are avoided or deleted.
- 6) Prepares rundown of news stories and assignment sheets, using computer.
- 7) Communicates with reporters on assignments, using two-way radio.
- 8) May direct or participate in writing and editing activities.
Is being an "ASSIGNMENT EDITOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASSIGNMENT EDITOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASSIGNMENT EDITOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASSIGNMENT EDITOR"
Job Number: 387