Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties to assemble mobile and modular homes or travel trailer coaches, following blueprints and verbal instructions, using handtools and power tools: Positions precut frame members in jigs and nails, rivets, or bolts members together to assemble wall, floor, and roof frames, using carpenter tools.
- 2) Positions wheel and spring assembly on brackets of chassis, using chain hoist, and bolts assembly to chassis, using power wrench.
- 3) Installs tires on wheels, using power tire changer and tire tools.
- 4) Positions and fastens precut metal beams on front of chassis to form tongue and attaches jack-and-hitch assembly to tongue, using arc-welding equipment.
- 5) Sprays undercoating compound on floor frame and chassis with spray gun.
- 6) Installs furring strips, insulation, and plywood flooring over floor frame, using carpenter's tools, staple gun, insulation tape, and gang-nail press.
- 7) Positions and bolts chassis-and-wheel assembly to floor frame, using hoist and impact wrench.
- 8) Erects side, end, and roof sections, using hoist or crane, and fastens sections to floor frame, using rivet gun or welding equipment and carpenter's tools.
- 9) Assembles and installs preformed sections of sheet metal to form heating and air-conditioning ducts, using power screwdriver and aluminum tape.
- 10) Stuffs insulation batting between wall frame members, and attaches wood or metal paneling to form interior walls, using brush, glue gun, rivet gun, and hammer.
- 11) Lays out and cuts openings in wall and floor panels, according to blueprint specifications, to facilitate installation of windows, vents, electrical outlets, and heat registers, using rule, power saw, and tin snips.
- 12) Fastens registers in openings, using screwdriver.
- 13) May install electrical wiring and copper tubing and perform other duties as described under INSTALLER.
- 14) May lead and give directions to other workers.
- 15) May be designated according to section assembled as Floor Finisher; Floor Framer; Roof Framer; Sheller; Side Framer; Wheel Installer.
- 16) May assemble utility buildings and be designated Assembler, Utility Buildings.
Is being an "ASSEMBLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASSEMBLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASSEMBLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASSEMBLER"
Job Number: 11170