"ASSEMBLER, PRODUCTION LINE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following assembly line tasks to assemble structural parts, such as metal sashes, doors, windows, and window screens, using handtools and portable power tools: Assembles frame components, such as tops, bottoms, sides, panels, and molding in jigs or fixtures.
- 2) Smooths edges of components to obtain specified fit, using grinder or file.
- 3) Punches or drills holes for fastening, using hole punch or power drill.
- 4) Aligns holes and screws or bolts frame components together, using screwdriver or wrench.
- 5) Positions hardware, such as locks, hinges, catches, and swivels on frame and fastens hardware to frame, using screwdriver, nut runner, and hand riveter.
- 6) Cuts screens to specified size, using measuring jig and hand shears.
- 7) Positions screen over frame and secures screen in groove, using disk roller.
- 8) Spreads glue, putty, or plastic compound on frame and positions precut glass panes into frame.
- 9) Rolls plastic or metal spline into groove and trims excess spline, using knife, or crimps edges of groove to hold screen or glass in place, using crimping tool.
- 10) Assembles components of lock, such as bolts, washers, and spring.
- 11) Inspects workpiece to detect scratches or burs.
- 12) Positions workpiece in measuring jig to verify dimensions.
- 13) May lay out reference points for drilling holes in frame members, using template, rule, and square.
- 14) May cut channels and molding to specified length, using pinch cutter, shears, or cuttoff saw.
- 15) May cut glass to specified size, using glass cutter.
- 16) May be designated according to part assembled as Channel Installer; Door-Lock Installer; Frame Assembler; Hardware Installer; Kick-Plate Installer; Screen Installer; Spliner.
Is being an "ASSEMBLER, PRODUCTION LINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASSEMBLER, PRODUCTION LINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASSEMBLER, PRODUCTION LINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASSEMBLER, PRODUCTION LINE"
Job Number: 10607