"ASSEMBLER, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks to assemble and fasten together parts to form subassemblies or complete musical instruments, such as drums, keyed brass, woodwind, or stringed instruments according to specified instructions or diagrams: Drills, taps, or reams holes to prepare parts for assembly, using drill press or bench-mounted drill.
- 2) Bends tubing and laps parts by hand to form or join parts.
- 3) Applies abrasive solvents to sliding joints to cause parts to move freely.
- 4) Fits or faces parts, using hand file or bench grinder to trim parts to fit.
- 5) Aligns metal brass-wind parts, such as valves, knobs, keys, and bars by sight, by placing them in jigs and clamping them on instrument, or by positioning parts, using rulers or gauges.
- 6) Screws, clips, solders, and glues parts, such as drum hardware, corks, violin necks, wooden bridges, and metal snares, using handtools, portable powered tools, or hand torches.
- 7) Removes excess solder, using scraping tool.
- 8) Winds and bends spring wire around valve keys by hand to install valves on brass-wind instruments.
- 9) Inserts steel bars and squeezes or separates bars to adjust tube spacing on brass-wind instruments.
- 10) Cleans inside of tubes of brass-wind instruments with swab and cleaning solvent.
- 11) Installs electric pick-ups in electrically amplified instruments, using screwdriver and soldering gun.
- 12) May polish or buff exterior of instruments, using rotating buffing wheel.
- 13) May cut tubing, using power saw.
- 14) May inspect instruments for defects and reject instruments not meeting specifications.
- 15) May be designated according to instrument assembled as Final Assembler, Brass-Wind Instruments; Mounter, Brass-Wind Instruments; Stringed-Instrument Assembler; or by part assembled as Bridge Fitter; Knobber; Neck Fitter.
- 16) May be designated: Mounter, Clarinets; Mounter, Flutes And Piccolos; Mounter, Keyed Instruments; Mounter, Saxophones; Mounter, Sousaphones; Mounter, Trombones; Mounter, Trumpets And Cornets.
Is being an "ASSEMBLER, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASSEMBLER, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASSEMBLER, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASSEMBLER, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS"
Job Number: 341