"ASSEMBLER, MOTOR VEHICLE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles motor vehicles, such as automobiles, trucks, buses, or limousines, at assigned work stations on moving assembly line, performing any combination of following repetitive tasks according to specifications and using handtools, power tools, welding equipment, and production fixtures: Loads stamped metal body components into automated welding equipment that welds together components to form body subassemblies.
- 2) Positions and fastens together body subassemblies, such as side frames, underbodies, doors, hoods, and trunk lids, to assemble vehicle bodies and truck cabs preparatory to body welding process.
- 3) Bolts, screws, clips, or otherwise fastens together parts to form subassemblies, such as doors, seats, instrument control panels, steering columns, and axle units.
- 4) Installs mechanical and electrical components and systems, such as engine, transmission, and axle units; pumps; wire harnesses; instrument control panels; and exhaust, brake, and air-conditioning systems.
- 5) Fits and adjusts doors, hoods, and trunk lids.
- 6) Seals joints and seams, using caulking gun.
- 7) Fastens seats, door paneling, headliners, carpeting, molding, and other trim into position.
- 8) Fills vehicle systems with brake and transmission fluids, engine coolant, and oil.
- 9) May apply precut and adhesive coated vinyl tops and pads to vehicle roofs.
- 10) May verify quality of own work and write description of defects observed on documents attached to vehicle bodies.
- 11) May enter and retrieve production data, using computer terminals.
- 12) May work as member of assembly group and be assigned different work stations as production needs require or shift from one station to another to reduce fatigue factor.
- 13) May participate in group meetings to exchange job related information.
- 14) May be designated according to component assembled or installed as Assembler, Engine; Assembler, Seat; or stage of assembly as Assembler, Body; Assembler, Chassis; Assembler, Final; Assembler, Trim.
Is being an "ASSEMBLER, MOTOR VEHICLE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASSEMBLER, MOTOR VEHICLE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASSEMBLER, MOTOR VEHICLE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASSEMBLER, MOTOR VEHICLE"
Job Number: 339