"ASSEMBLER, MINING MACHINERY"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles mining machinery, such as continuous miners, loading machines, cutting machines, locomotives, hydraulic backhoes, and portable oil well drilling rigs according to blueprints and written specifications, using handtools, power handtools, and other powered equipment: Reads blueprints and written specifications to plan assembly sequence.
- 2) Operates crane or directs OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to move structural framework and machine parts to assembly area.
- 3) Studies blueprints to plan logical assembly sequence.
- 4) Positions specified gears, drive shafts, bearings, clutches, and other component parts in housings on frame of machine, using electric hoist.
- 5) Aligns and levels parts with spacers and shims, and sets clearance between parts, using micrometers, feeler gauges, calipers, and scale.
- 6) Bolts cover plates, electric motors, and hydraulic pumps to machine frame in specified locations, using torque wrench.
- 7) Lays out hydraulic hose on machine, away from moving parts, to facilitate servicing machine and connects hydraulic hose to pumps and specified fittings, using wrench.
- 8) May measure and cut hydraulic hose for installation in machine.
- 9) May clean parts preparatory to assembly, using solvent, cleaning cloths, and air gun.
- 10) May assemble and test subassemblies, such as drive shaft, clutch, and transmission, using acetylene welding, heating, and cutting equipment and test stands.
- 11) May install electrical wiring in assembled units according to schematic drawings.
- 12) May drive mobile machinery to test performance.
Is being an "ASSEMBLER, MINING MACHINERY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASSEMBLER, MINING MACHINERY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASSEMBLER, MINING MACHINERY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASSEMBLER, MINING MACHINERY"
Job Number: 10414