"ASSEMBLER, METAL BONDING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Bonds aircraft and space vehicle parts and assemblies, such as sheet metal skins to honeycomb core, according to blueprints and specifications, using handtools, power tools, and equipment: Reads process charts, work orders, and specifications to determine sequence of bonding operations, amount of bonding agent to be applied, and areas to be bonded.
- 2) Examines parts to verify that prior processes have been completed and that identifying information corresponds with specifications.
- 3) Measures, trims, fits, forms, and shapes mating surfaces of parts to ensure required contact can be accomplished, using measuring instruments, handtools, and power tools.
- 4) Cleans dust, dirt, oil, and other foreign matter from contact surfaces, using cleaning solutions and rags.
- 5) Positions, aligns, fits, and assembles parts, materials, and incidental functional items on jigs, fixtures, platen or project plates, using handtools, power tools, and fasteners.
- 6) Applies primer and metal bonding film, foam, or other adhesives to bonding surfaces.
- 7) Dries and cures parts and assemblies, using vacuum fixtures or presses with heated platens.
- 8) Adjusts curing oven controls to regulate pressure, time, and heating temperature.
- 9) Loads and unloads assemblies from oven, manually or using equipment.
Is being an "ASSEMBLER, METAL BONDING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASSEMBLER, METAL BONDING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASSEMBLER, METAL BONDING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASSEMBLER, METAL BONDING"
Job Number: 334