"ASSEMBLER, MECHANICAL ORDNANCE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles solid, liquid, or gas-powered mechanical and electromechanical torpedo engines according to drawings and specifications, using torque wrench and handtools: Reads instructions or drawings to plan assembly sequence.
- 2) Positions basic workpiece on workbench or clamps workpiece in floor fixture.
- 3) Lays out parts and subassembly elements required to assemble engine.
- 4) Fits parts together and bolts or screws parts to basic workpiece in specified locations, using torque wrench and handtools.
- 5) Colors each fitting after torque is applied, using felt tip pen.
- 6) Verifies dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to written specifications, using preset gauges.
- 7) Confirms operation of assembled unit, using air and water pressure test equipment.
- 8) Requests inspector approval of assembled unit before proceeding to next assembly stage.
- 9) Fits together subassemblies, such as fuel pumps and gear trains, according to drawings or instructions, using handtools, and bolts subassemblies to specified positions on unit.
Is being an "ASSEMBLER, MECHANICAL ORDNANCE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASSEMBLER, MECHANICAL ORDNANCE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASSEMBLER, MECHANICAL ORDNANCE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASSEMBLER, MECHANICAL ORDNANCE"
Job Number: 332