"ASSEMBLER, LEATHER GOODS II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles leather products, performing any combination of following duties: Cuts loose threads from product, using scissors.
- 2) Affixes cardboard backing to lining, using double-sided-gum tape.
- 3) Cements cardboard to metal handle and staples preassembled leather parts to cardboard, prior to sewing operation, to assemble handles for handbags or luggage.
- 4) Attaches handles to frame, using rings and pliers.
- 5) Brushes cement on parts, such as tabs, slots, marks, and edges, and presses parts together to join them.
- 6) Cements decorative leather or fabric strips onto metal frames to assemble handbags.
- 7) Inverts presewn plastic or vinyl linings and inserts them in bags.
- 8) Inserts plastic windows, card and photo holders, memo pads, ballpoint pens, identification cards, and price tags into specified sections of article.
- 9) May stuff article with wadded paper to give shape to article.
- 10) May place finished article in display box.
- 11) May be designated according to job duties as Filler And Trimmer; Frame Coverer; Handle Attacher; Handle Maker.
Is being an "ASSEMBLER, LEATHER GOODS II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASSEMBLER, LEATHER GOODS II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASSEMBLER, LEATHER GOODS II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASSEMBLER, LEATHER GOODS II"
Job Number: 329