"ASSEMBLER, DECK AND HULL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Joins deck and hull sections of fiberglass boats, using handtools and portable power tools: Positions deck on hull and seals seam with caulking compound, using caulking gun.
- 2) Lays aluminum gunwale strip along deck and hull seam and hammers it into place with mallet.
- 3) Places drilling template along gunwale strip and drills rivet holes through strip with portable electric drill.
- 4) Rivets or bolts deck and hull together, using rivet gun or impact wrench.
- 5) Forces rubber bumper rail into gunwale strip with special roller and cuts off surplus strip with hacksaw.
- 6) Hammers protective and decorative aluminum channel trim around deck and cabin edges with mallet.
- 7) May trim edges of transom opening with saw prior to installing protective trim.
- 8) May sand edges and interior of decks and hull, using power sander.
- 9) May install miscellaneous hardware, such as mooring cleats, toerails, bulkhead panels, and pulpits, using handtools.
Is being an "ASSEMBLER, DECK AND HULL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASSEMBLER, DECK AND HULL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASSEMBLER, DECK AND HULL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASSEMBLER, DECK AND HULL"
Job Number: 311