Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles manufactured building and travel trailer components, such as sinks, cabinets, closets, counters, doors, and partitions, using hand and power tools: Obtains precut parts and subassemblies specified on parts list.
- 2) Positions precut parts and subassemblies on worktable according to blueprint specifications or assembly instructions and examines joints to ensure snug fit.
- 3) Applies glue to parts, using brush or spray gun, and fastens parts together to form component, using staple gun, hammer, or power screwdriver.
- 4) Positions template on component or measures to locate position for hardware, such as door knobs, rollers, or faucets, and bores holes or cuts grooves for hardware, such as door hinges, pulls, door knobs, or rollers, using power saw and drill.
- 5) Fastens hardware in place and hangs doors in frames, using screwdriver and drill.
- 6) Positions and secures sink or lavatory fixtures in specified position, using pipe wrench.
- 7) May cut precut lumber to alter dimensions to meet specifications, using power saw and tape measure.
- 8) May bend portion of wooden counter top to form backsplash, using bending machine.
- 9) May be designated according to component assembled as Cabinet Assembler; Counter Top Assembler; Partition Assembler.
Is being an "ASSEMBLER, COMPONENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASSEMBLER, COMPONENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASSEMBLER, COMPONENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASSEMBLER, COMPONENT"
Job Number: 309