"ASSEMBLER, AIRCRAFT, STRUCTURES AND SURFACES"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles tail, wing, fuselage, or other structural section of aircraft, space vehicles, and missiles from parts, subassemblies, and components, such as frames, bulkheads, doors, stabilizers, and landing gear, following blueprints and specifications, using handtools, power tools, and measuring instruments: Positions and aligns subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments, such as protractors and dividers, following blueprint station lines and index points.
- 2) Trims and files parts to fit, and verifies fitting tolerances, using measuring instruments, such as gauges and calipers.
- 3) Drills, reams, and countersinks holes in subassemblies, and bolts, rivets, or otherwise fastens subassemblies into structural assembly, using handtools and power tools.
- 4) Locates holes to be drilled in structural assembly for installation of parts and components, using jigs, templates, and measuring instruments.
- 5) Drills holes in structure and attaches brackets, hinges, braces, and clips to secure installations.
- 6) Installs parts and components, such as incidental plumbing, electrical, rigging, or other functional items, in main structure, using handtools and power tools.
- 7) May specialize in assembling and installing parts, structural components, and subassemblies to build wing assemblies and be designated Assembler-Installer, Wing Structures.
Is being an "ASSEMBLER, AIRCRAFT, STRUCTURES AND SURFACES" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASSEMBLER, AIRCRAFT, STRUCTURES AND SURFACES" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASSEMBLER, AIRCRAFT, STRUCTURES AND SURFACES"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASSEMBLER, AIRCRAFT, STRUCTURES AND SURFACES"
Job Number: 301