"ASBESTOS REMOVAL WORKER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Removes asbestos from ceilings, walls, beams, boilers, and other structures, following hazardous waste handling guidelines: Assembles scaffolding and seals off work area, using plastic sheeting and duct tape.
- 2) Positions mobile decontamination unit or portable showers at entrance of work area.
- 3) Builds connecting walkway between mobile unit or portable showers and work area, using handtools, lumber, nails, plastic sheeting, and duct tape.
- 4) Positions portable air evacuation and filtration system inside work area.
- 5) Sprays chemical solution over asbestos covered surfaces, using tank with attached hose and nozzle, to soften asbestos.
- 6) Cuts and scrapes asbestos from surfaces, using knife and scraper.
- 7) Shovels asbestos into plastic disposal bags and seals bags, using duct tape.
- 8) Cleans work area of loose asbestos, using vacuum, broom, and dust pan.
- 9) Places asbestos in disposal bags and seals bags, using duct tape.
- 10) Dismantles scaffolding and temporary walkway, using handtools, and places plastic sheeting and disposal bags into transport bags.
- 11) Seals bags, using duct tape, and loads bags into truck.
Is being an "ASBESTOS REMOVAL WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ASBESTOS REMOVAL WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ASBESTOS REMOVAL WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ASBESTOS REMOVAL WORKER"
Job Number: 263