Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates artificial plastic eyes according to specifications and fits eyes into customer's eye sockets, using precision handtools, measuring instruments, molding devices, and bench fabricating machines: Measures customer's eye socket, using calipers, and measures natural eye to determine size and location of pupil and iris, using scale.
- 2) Records data on examination card.
- 3) Selects stock artificial eye approximating size and shape of customer's socket and inserts eye into socket.
- 4) Fills eye area and questions customer to ascertain that eye fit is comfortable.
- 5) Applies plastic as required to build up and shape stock eye to conform to customer's eye socket.
- 6) Examines customer's natural eye to determine iris coloring, eye white shading, and number of eye white veins and records information on examination card.
- 7) Selects samples of iris, pupil, and white to match eye.
- 8) Positions artificial eye stock in plaster of paris to prepare mold for casting plastic eye.
- 9) Pours plastic into mold to form artificial eye.
- 10) Measures molded eye to determine position for pupil and iris, using rule.
- 11) Positions and presses pupil and iris into place.
- 12) Immerses eye in boiling water to set plastic.
- 13) Paints iris and white of artificial eye to produce color of customer's natural eye according to information recorded on examination card.
- 14) Draws veins on white of eye, using colored pencil or scratches grooves into eye to represent veins and fills grooves with pigment.
- 15) Immerses eye in clear plastic solution to produce glassy finish.
- 16) Examines eye for irregularities in shape and removes irregularities, using dental grinding machine.
- 17) Polishes eye, using pumice and electric buffing wheel.
- 18) Fits customer with artificial eye and compares artificial eye with natural eye to ensure centering of iris and pupils and matching of colors.
- 19) May fit patients with ready-to-wear plastic eyes of standard sizes and colors.
- 20) May fabricate implants and conformers, using standard molds and grinding and polishing machines.
Is being an "ARTIFICIAL-PLASTIC-EYE MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ARTIFICIAL-PLASTIC-EYE MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ARTIFICIAL-PLASTIC-EYE MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ARTIFICIAL-PLASTIC-EYE MAKER"
Job Number: 257