Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Formulates concepts and supervises workers engaged in executing layout designs for art work and copy to be presented by visual communications media, such as magazines, books, newspapers, television, posters, and packaging: Reviews illustrative material and confers with client or individual responsible for presentation regarding budget, background information, objectives, presentation approaches, styles, techniques, and related production factors.
- 2) Formulates basic layout design concept and conducts research to select and secure suitable illustrative material, or conceives and assigns production of material and detail to artists and photographers.
- 3) Assigns and directs staff members to develop design concepts into art layouts and prepare layouts for printing.
- 4) Reviews, approves, and presents final layouts to client or department head for approval.
- 5) May perform duties of GRAPHIC DESIGNER to design art layouts.
- 6) May mark up, paste up, and finish layouts to prepare layouts for printing.
- 7) May draw illustrations.
- 8) May prepare detailed story board showing sequence and timing of story development when producing material for television.
- 9) May specialize in particular field, media, or type of layout.
Is being an "ART DIRECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ART DIRECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ART DIRECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ART DIRECTOR"
Job Number: 247