Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs and oversees construction and repair of marine craft and floating structures, such as ships, barges, tugs, dredges, submarines, torpedoes, floats, and buoys: Studies design proposals and specifications to establish basic characteristics of craft, such as size, weight, speed, propulsion, armament, cargo, displacement, draft, crew and passenger complements, and fresh or salt water service.
- 2) Oversees construction and testing of prototype in model basin and develops sectional and waterline curves of hull to establish center of gravity, ideal hull form, and buoyancy and stability data.
- 3) Designs complete hull and superstructure according to specifications and test data, in conformity with standards of safety, efficiency, and economy.
- 4) Designs layout of craft interior including cargo space, passenger compartments, ladder wells, and elevators.
- 5) Confers with MARINE ENGINEERS to establish arrangement of boiler room equipment and propulsion machinery, heating and ventilating systems, refrigeration equipment, piping, and other functional equipment.
- 6) Evaluates performance of craft during dock and sea trials to determine design changes and conformance with national and international standards.
Is being an "ARCHITECT, MARINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ARCHITECT, MARINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ARCHITECT, MARINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ARCHITECT, MARINE"
Job Number: 227