Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machines to cut arch cushions from sponge rubber sheeting for rubber footwear, using either of following methods: Selects die plate or drum to produce specified size cushions and bolts die in feeder slide or locks die in cradle, using wrenches.
- 2) Turns setscrews to adjust distance between hold-down roller, belt knife, and plate or drum, verifying clearances, using feeler gauges.
- 3) Pulls plate length of sheeting from roll, cuts material, using knife, and places sheeting on die plate.
- 4) Moves lever to open suction valve that draws rubber sheeting into die plate cavities.
- 5) Depresses pedal causing sheeting on plate to be carried through belt knife to cut cushions flush with plate surface.
- 6) Returns plate to starting position.
- 7) Removes excess stock for scrap or turns over salvable stock for second cut.
- 8) Removes cut out cushion from die cavity and throws into storage box.
- 9) Mounts roll of sheeting in cradle, threads around hold-down and guide rollers, over rotary die drum and belt knife, and onto takeup reel.
- 10) Starts automatic machine to cut cushion from sheeting.
- 11) Positions carton under discharge end of conveyor to catch cushions.
- 12) Weighs filled cartons to count number of cushions, using conversion chart, and adds or removes cushions to obtain specified amount.
Is being an "ARCH-CUSHION-SKIVING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ARCH-CUSHION-SKIVING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ARCH-CUSHION-SKIVING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ARCH-CUSHION-SKIVING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 8097