Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates steam-heated conveyor press that molds and vulcanizes uncured sponge rubber to form arch cushions for rubber footwear: Reads work ticket to determine number of molds and blanks required for each style and size cushion.
- 2) Notifies CALENDER OPERATOR of stock thickness and DIE CUTTER of dies to use and amounts of blanks needed.
- 3) Selects required number of molds and baskets of blanks and supplies them to workers.
- 4) Starts conveyor press and turns valves to regulate heat of vulcanizing plates.
- 5) Turns handwheel to adjust distance between vulcanizing plates and molds, using feeler gauge.
- 6) Directs workers engaged in positioning blanks in mold cavities and in removing molded cushions.
- 7) Observes operations and examines finished product for defects, such as lumps, pits, and blisters, and to determine if mold cavities are filled and rubber is completely vulcanized.
- 8) Operates warming mill to prepare stock for calendering from which blanks are cut for use in cushion press.
Is being an "ARCH-CUSHION-PRESS OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ARCH-CUSHION-PRESS OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ARCH-CUSHION-PRESS OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ARCH-CUSHION-PRESS OPERATOR"
Job Number: 223