Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cuts, trims, or scarfs metal objects to dimensions, contour, or bevel specified by blueprints, work order, or layout, using arc-cutting equipment: Positions workpiece onto table or into fixture or with jib or crane.
- 2) Selects carbon or metal-coated carbon electrode, gas nozzle, electric current, and gas pressure, according to thickness and type of metal, data on charts, or record of previous runs.
- 3) Inserts electrode and gas nozzle into holder and connects hose from holder to compressed gas supply.
- 4) Connects cables from power source to electrode and workpiece or fixture, to obtain desired polarity.
- 5) Turns knobs to select amperage.
- 6) Turns lever to adjust jet of gas to blow away molten metal.
- 7) Strikes arc and guides electrode along lines to cut through metal.
- 8) May cut off chips or sprues and burn out cracks and holes.
- 9) May use holder having two electrodes.
- 10) May cut without using gas jet.
- 11) May use nonconsumable tungsten electrode and gases, such as helium or carbon dioxide, and be designated Arc Cutter, Gas-Tungsten Arc.
- 12) May use plasma-arc cutting torch and gases, such as nitrogen and carbon dioxide, and be designated Arc Cutter, Plasma Arc.
Is being an "ARC CUTTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ARC CUTTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ARC CUTTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ARC CUTTER"
Job Number: 222