"APPLICATIONS ENGINEER, MANUFACTURING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, designs, and coordinates integration of machinery and equipment into manufacturing process of industrial establishment, applying knowledge of engineering and programming, and using computer, precision-measuring instruments, and drafting tools: Develops and writes equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis, and proposal for integrating machinery and equipment, such as robots, robot controllers, and programmable controllers into manufacturing process, applying knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical wiring, electronics, programming, and manufacturing requirements, and using computer and calculator.
- 2) Selects or designs robot end-of-arm tools to meet specifications, using robot manuals and either drafting tools or computer and software programs.
- 3) Writes operating programs, using existing computer program, or writes own computer programs, applying knowledge of programming language and computer.
- 4) Oversees installation to ensure machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- 5) Tests ability of machines, such as robot, to perform tasks, using teach pendant and precision measuring instruments and following specifications.
- 6) Confers with establishment personnel to implement operating procedures and resolve system malfunctions.
- 7) Determines parts supply, maintenance tasks, safety procedures, and service schedule required to maintain machines and equipment in prescribed condition.
- 8) Develops models of alternate processing methods to test feasibility of new applications of system components, and recommends implementation of improved procedures.
- 9) Participates in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to stay apprised of new developments in field.
- 10) Confers with workers in other departments, such as marketing, legal, and engineering, to provide technical information.
- 11) May develop and conduct robot and related equipment training programs and demonstrate skills to trainees, using teach pendant, handtools, precision-measuring instruments, and following schematics, plant drawings, and manufacturer's specifications.
Is being an "APPLICATIONS ENGINEER, MANUFACTURING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "APPLICATIONS ENGINEER, MANUFACTURING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "APPLICATIONS ENGINEER, MANUFACTURING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "APPLICATIONS ENGINEER, MANUFACTURING"
Job Number: 2051