"APPLIANCE ASSEMBLER, LINE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles major household or commercial appliances, such as ranges, ovens, washing machines, dryers, refrigeration units, water heaters, and dishwashers, using handtools: Obtains specified parts or subassemblies.
- 2) Aligns holes, inserts screws or bolts, and tightens them, using nut runner or power screwdriver, to assemble preformed panels and support brackets to base.
- 3) Bolts subassemblies, such as motors, pumps, transmissions, control panels, blowers, heating units, and doors, using wrenches and power nut runners.
- 4) Aligns doors, brackets, racks, and moving parts before tightening to achieve appearance, fit, and movement specified.
- 5) Packs or folds insulation between panels.
- 6) Connects electrical wires on control panel to motors, heating units, or blowers, according to color and length of wire, by forcing plug connectors together and sliding plastic insulators over connection.
- 7) Lubricates moving parts, using grease paddle or oilcan.
- 8) May place panels in fixture to align for bolting.
- 9) May clamp test wires to machine and observe meter and light to test for shorts, grounds, and wattage.
- 10) May be designated according to appliance assembled as Air-Conditioning-Unit Assembler; Assembler, Coolers; Automobile Air-Conditioner Assembler; Clothes-Drier Assembler; Electric-Range Assembler; Washing-Machine Assembler.
Is being an "APPLIANCE ASSEMBLER, LINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "APPLIANCE ASSEMBLER, LINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "APPLIANCE ASSEMBLER, LINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "APPLIANCE ASSEMBLER, LINE"
Job Number: 209