Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Adjudicates social welfare tax or benefit eligibility issues filed by disabled or unemployed claimants or employers: Arranges and conducts hearings to discover pertinent facts bearing on claim in accord with federal and state laws and procedures.
- 2) Renders decisions affirming or denying previous ruling, based on testimony, claim records, applicable provisions of law, and established precedents.
- 3) Writes decision explaining ruling and informs interested parties of results.
- 4) Confers with personnel of employer or agency involved to obtain additional information bearing on appeal, and to clarify future implications of decisions.
- 5) May participate in court proceedings against claimants attempting to obtain benefits through fraud.
- 6) May render informal opinions on points of law in questionable cases to facilitate initial determination of benefit eligibility or imposition of penalties.
- 7) May be required to hold law degree or license to practice law.
Is being an "APPEALS REFEREE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "APPEALS REFEREE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "APPEALS REFEREE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "APPEALS REFEREE"
Job Number: 206