"ANTENNA INSTALLER, SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs, tests, and repairs antennas and related equipment that receive communication satellite signals, following specifications and using handtools and test instruments: Reviews installation specifications, building permit, manufacturer's instructions, and government ordinances to determine installation site for antenna.
- 2) Measures distance from landmarks to identify exact site location.
- 3) Visually inspects installation site to identify obstructions, such as trees or buildings, that could distort or block microwave signals from satellite.
- 4) Discusses site location and construction requirements with customer.
- 5) Digs hole for footing to support antenna base, using gasoline-powered auger, posthole digger, or shovel.
- 6) Assembles and installs prefabricated form in hole to cast concrete base, using handtools, plumb rule, and level, following specifications.
- 7) Mixes, pours, and finishes concrete, using concrete mixer, trowel, and float.
- 8) Inserts pedestal mounting bolts in wet concrete.
- 9) Digs trench and lays underground cable to connect antenna base to source of power in customer's building.
- 10) Attaches antenna base to footing after concrete dries, using handtools.
- 11) Assembles and attaches electronic and structural components of antenna, with co-worker, applying knowledge of electronics and electricity, following installation guidelines, and using handtools.
- 12) Attaches antenna to base, using nuts, bolts, and handtools.
- 13) Climbs ladder to install antenna when area is inaccessible from ground.
- 14) Orients antenna to direction and altitude of communication satellite, using surveying instruments and following charts of satellite position.
- 15) Solders connections to electronic controls, using soldering gun and wire cutters.
- 16) Connects antenna and television set to signal converter control box, using handtools.
- 17) Tests installed system for conformance to specifications, using test equipment, such as multimeters and oscilloscope.
- 18) Observes picture on television screen to evaluate reception.
- 19) Instructs customer in use of equipment.
- 20) Replaces or repairs defective parts, using handtools and test equipment.
- 21) May construct pole or roof mounts for antenna base, using carpenter's tools.
- 22) May reinforce roof of building to provide secure installation site, using carpenter's tools.
- 23) May install antennas and related equipment to receive satellite signals for such purposes as telephone, telex, facsimile, data, or radio communication.
Is being an "ANTENNA INSTALLER, SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ANTENNA INSTALLER, SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ANTENNA INSTALLER, SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ANTENNA INSTALLER, SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS"
Job Number: 197