Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates anode units for use in electrolytic cells, using handtools and power tools: Paints cell bottoms, using brush.
- 2) Assembles cylindrical form jig with handtools and hoist, and positions copper bars, graphite blades, or carbon electrodes in jig.
- 3) Opens valve to admit melted lead to jig, or pours in lead to specified level, using container to secure copper bars, graphite blades, or carbon electrodes in place.
- 4) Lifts anode assembly from jig, using hoist, and positions anode in cell bottom.
- 5) Fills tar pot with mastic or tar mixture and turns valve on pot to heat mastic tar to pouring temperature.
- 6) Opens spigot to fill container with mastic or tar, and pours it into anode assembly to prevent corrosion of lead and cell bottom and leakage around joints and copper bars.
- 7) May operate jackhammer to dismantle spent anode units.
- 8) May position graphite blades in cell bottom, using power wrench.
- 9) May join electrode to electrical conductor with holding rings or lead bands.
Is being an "ANODE BUILDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ANODE BUILDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ANODE BUILDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ANODE BUILDER"
Job Number: 192