Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends gas or electric kiln to affix paint on glass: Ignites and regulates gas burners to heat kiln to prescribed temperature, or regulates thermostat to control temperature of electric kiln.
- 2) Spreads plaster of paris on metal trays with trowel, roller, or palette knife to form smooth, level bed for glass.
- 3) Sets sections of glass on trays and positions trays in kilns, using tongs.
- 4) Observes glass through peepholes in kilns to detect signs of warping, bubbling, cracking, or blistering.
- 5) Removes trays after specified period of time, and stacks trays for gradual cooling and annealing in lehr.
Is being an "ANNEALER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ANNEALER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ANNEALER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ANNEALER"
Job Number: 5545