"ANIMAL KEEPER, HEAD"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in care and exhibition of birds and animals at establishments, such as zoos or circuses.
- 2) Observes animals to detect signs of illness and consults with VETERINARIAN to determine type of medication or treatment required.
- 3) Inspects cages, grottos, and pens for cleanliness and structural defects.
- 4) Assigns workers to various tasks, and oversees treatment, preparation of food, feeding of animals, and maintenance and repair of animal quarters.
- 5) Specifies type of animal to exhibit in zoo and location of exhibit, according to weather, animal behavior characteristics, and physical condition.
- 6) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 7) May hire, train, and discharge workers.
- 8) May keep time records and prepare supply requisitions and reports.
- 9) May coordinate training of animals for circus performance.
- 10) May give lectures to public to stimulate interest in animals.
Is being an "ANIMAL KEEPER, HEAD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ANIMAL KEEPER, HEAD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ANIMAL KEEPER, HEAD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ANIMAL KEEPER, HEAD"
Job Number: 4754