Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Breeds and raises animals, such as cats, dogs, guinea pigs, mice, monkeys, rabbits, and rats: Selects and breeds animals, according to knowledge of animals, genealogy, traits, and offspring desired.
- 2) Feeds and waters animals, and cleans pens, cages, yards, and hutches.
- 3) Examines animals to detect symptoms of illness or injury.
- 4) Treats minor injuries and ailments and engages VETERINARIAN to treat animals with serious illnesses or injuries.
- 5) Records weight, diet and other breeding data.
- 6) Builds and maintains hutches, pens, and fenced yards.
- 7) Adjusts controls to maintain specific temperature in building.
- 8) Arranges for sale of animals to hospitals, research centers, pet shops, and food processing plants.
- 9) May exhibit animals at shows.
- 10) May be designated according to kind of animal bred and raised as Cat Breeder; Dog Breeder; Guinea-Pig Breeder; Monkey Breeder; Mouse Breeder; Rabbit Breeder; Rat Breeder.
Is being an "ANIMAL BREEDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ANIMAL BREEDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ANIMAL BREEDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ANIMAL BREEDER"
Job Number: 4717