"ANGLE SHEAR OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates shearing machine equipped with sets of cutting dies or blades to shear structural shapes, such as angles, channels, and Z-bars to specified length or bevel: Aligns and locks selected blades into opening of machine, using rule, gauge, shims, feelers, and wrench.
- 2) Sets guide stop to specified distance from shearing die, using tape measure and wrench.
- 3) Positions workpiece on shearing die and against guide stop.
- 4) Starts machine to activate cams which force blades to shear metal, or depresses pedal, causing shearing die ram to descend and cut workpiece to specified length.
- 5) May set up shear with single set of blades to cut bars or rounds.
Is being an "ANGLE SHEAR OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ANGLE SHEAR OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ANGLE SHEAR OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ANGLE SHEAR OPERATOR"
Job Number: 171