Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Administers anesthetics to render patients insensible to pain during surgical, obstetrical, and other medical procedures: Examines patient to determine degree of surgical risk, and type of anesthetic and sedation to administer, and discusses findings with medical practitioner concerned with case.
- 2) Positions patient on operating table and administers local, intravenous, spinal, caudal, or other anesthetic according to prescribed medical standards.
- 3) Institutes remedial measures to counteract adverse reactions or complications.
- 4) Records type and amount of anesthetic and sedation administered and condition of patient before, during, and after anesthesia.
- 5) May instruct medical students and other personnel in characteristics and methods of administering various types of anesthetics, signs and symptoms of reactions and complications, and emergency measures to employ.
Is being an "ANESTHESIOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ANESTHESIOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ANESTHESIOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ANESTHESIOLOGIST"
Job Number: 2416