Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends steam-jacketed kettles, mixing tanks, filter press, string filter, and related equipment to process ammonia solution and aluminum sulfate into aluminum hydroxide: Meters water into steam-jacketed kettle and sets thermostat at specified temperature.
- 2) Dumps preweighed bags of aluminum sulfate into kettle, and starts agitator to dissolve ingredient.
- 3) Meters specified amounts of hot water and ammonia into mixing tank and starts agitator.
- 4) Pumps aluminum sulfate solution through filter press into heated agitator tank to remove insoluble materials.
- 5) Pumps ammonia solution to tank with aluminum sulfate solution.
- 6) Ladles sample of mixture, adds test solution, and observes color reaction to determine degree of precipitation.
- 7) Adds specified ingredients to mixing tank to complete precipitation, according to results of test.
- 8) Pumps slurry through string filter to separate aluminum hydroxide from mixture.
- 9) May replace filtering media and repair equipment, using handtools.
Is being an "ALUMINUM-HYDROXIDE-PROCESS OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ALUMINUM-HYDROXIDE-PROCESS OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ALUMINUM-HYDROXIDE-PROCESS OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ALUMINUM-HYDROXIDE-PROCESS OPERATOR"
Job Number: 5311