Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Alters clothing to fit individual customers or repairs defective garments, following alteration or repair tags or marks on garments: Examines tag or garment to ascertain necessary alterations.
- 2) Removes stitches from garment, using ripper or razor blade.
- 3) Shortens or lengthens sleeves and legs, expands or narrows waist and chest, raises or lowers collar, and inserts or eliminates padding in shoulders while maintaining drape and proportions of garment.
- 4) Trims excess material, using scissors.
- 5) Resews garment, using needle and thread or sewing machine.
- 6) Repairs or replaces defective garment parts, such as pockets, pocket flaps, and coat linings.
- 7) May fit garments on customer to determine required alterations.
- 8) May be designated according to type of garment altered or repaired as Tailor, Men's Ready-To-Wear; Tailor, Women's-Garment Alteration; or according to garment part altered or repaired as Pants Busheler; Vest Busheler.
Is being an "ALTERATION TAILOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ALTERATION TAILOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ALTERATION TAILOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ALTERATION TAILOR"
Job Number: 10067