"ALIGNER, BARREL AND RECEIVER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles and aligns rifle barrels and receivers, using handtools and power tools, using either of following methods: Mounts barrel in vise and screws receiver onto barrel, using wrench.
- 2) Positions assembled barrel and receiver in concentricity gauge and marks areas on barrel where metal must be removed or raised to bring barrel and receiver into alignment.
- 3) Remounts barrel in vise, removes receiver, and scrapes metal from barrel shoulder, or peens receiver chamber, using hammer and peening tool to raise metal to form shim.
- 4) Mounts sighting bars at each end of barrel, sights between bars, and twists receiver to align bars.
- 5) Positions assembled barrel and receiver in alignment gauge.
- 6) Tightens receiver and barrel to adjust alignment according to dial gauge reading, using pneumatic gauge.
- 7) May screw barrel into receiver to specified pressure, using torque wrench.
Is being an "ALIGNER, BARREL AND RECEIVER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ALIGNER, BARREL AND RECEIVER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ALIGNER, BARREL AND RECEIVER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ALIGNER, BARREL AND RECEIVER"
Job Number: 137