Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans and lays out airports and landing fields and directs construction work involved in leveling fields, laying out and surfacing runways, and providing drainage: Designs runways based on weight and size of aircraft and prepares material and construction specifications.
- 2) Directs or participates in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- 3) Estimates costs to provide basis for payments to contractor.
- 4) Observes progress of construction to ensure work is in conformity with specifications and advises SUPERINTENDENT, CONSTRUCTION regarding necessary corrections.
- 5) May serve as agent or employee of contractor and study plans and specifications to recommend special equipment or procedures to reduce time and cost of construction.
- 6) May schedule delivery of materials, analyze costs, and provide technical advice in solution of construction problems.
Is being an "AIRPORT ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AIRPORT ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AIRPORT ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AIRPORT ENGINEER"
Job Number: 130