Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates, installs, and sprays cloth airplane surface coverings, using handtools and portable power tools: Marks dimensions of surface on cloth parts, using chalk and templates.
- 2) Cuts cloth to size, using scissors or cutting machine.
- 3) Operates sewing machine to stitch cloth to form envelope that fits structure to be covered and reinforces envelope with cloth tape.
- 4) Fastens fabric parts to structure, using cement, needle and thread, or metal strips and screws.
- 5) Sprays covering with water to produce smooth surface.
- 6) Applies diluted dope to prime and tighten fabric, using handbrush.
- 7) Brushes on clear and silver dope to strengthen and preserve fabric.
- 8) Applies pigmented dope, using brush or spray gun to color and finish fabric.
- 9) May fabricate patterns and templates.
Is being an "AIRPLANE COVERER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AIRPLANE COVERER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AIRPLANE COVERER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AIRPLANE COVERER"
Job Number: 121