"AIRCRAFT LAUNCH AND RECOVERY TECHNICIAN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates aircraft launching and recovery equipment, such as hydraulic or steam catapults, barricades, arresting gear, and visual landing aids to launch or recover aircraft on aircraft carriers and land based airfields: Operates arresting gear or catapult consoles and controls to fire catapults, raise and lower arresting gear, and blast deflectors and control other launch and recovery equipment.
- 2) Calibrates, adjusts, and tests launch and recovery equipment, using electrical and mechanical test equipment and handtools.
- 3) Disassembles catapults, arresting gear, and other equipment and replaces defective parts, using handtools.
- 4) Splices broken arresting gear cables, using cable splicing tools.
- 5) Records in log aircraft launches, recoveries, and maintenance performed on equipment.
- 6) Occasionally directs aircraft launch or recovery operations, using visual hand or light signals.
Is being an "AIRCRAFT LAUNCH AND RECOVERY TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AIRCRAFT LAUNCH AND RECOVERY TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AIRCRAFT LAUNCH AND RECOVERY TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AIRCRAFT LAUNCH AND RECOVERY TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 11354