"AIRCRAFT BODY REPAIRER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs sheet and extruded metal structural parts of aircraft and missiles according to design specifications, using handtools and power tools and metalworking machinery: Reads design specifications or examines sample parts to determine fabrication procedures and machines and tools required.
- 2) Removes rivets and other fasteners to facilitate removal of defective part, using power drill and punch, or cuts out defective part, using power shears, hacksaw, and file.
- 3) Locates and marks dimension and reference lines on defective or replacement part, using templates, scribes, compass, and steel rule.
- 4) Sets up and operates metal fabricating machines, such as saws, brakes, shears, drill press, and grinders, to repair defective part or fabricate new part.
- 5) Reinstalls repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or welding, using clamps and wrenches.
- 6) Confers with other workers to expedite heat treating, anodizing, or other specified processing of repair parts.
- 7) May signal crane operator to fit and align heavy parts.
- 8) May stretch skin and panel sheets to remove surface tension, using sheet metal hand forming tools.
Is being an "AIRCRAFT BODY REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AIRCRAFT BODY REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AIRCRAFT BODY REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AIRCRAFT BODY REPAIRER"
Job Number: 10563