Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs and repairs automotive air-conditioning units: Bolts compressor to engine block and installs driving pulley on front end of crankshaft.
- 2) Places fan belt on pulleys, adjusts tension, and tightens bolts.
- 3) Bolts evaporator unit under dashboard or in trunk.
- 4) Welds or bolts mounting brackets to automobile frame.
- 5) Drills holes through interior panels, threads hoses through holes and connects hoses to compressor, evaporator, and cool-air outlet.
- 6) Fills compressor with refrigerant and starts unit.
- 7) Measures compressor pressure to determine efficiency of compressor, using gauge.
- 8) Listens to operating unit for indications of malfunction.
- 9) Removes faulty units from vehicles, disassembles them, and replaces worn and broken parts and fluid in unit.
- 10) Makes electrical connections as required.
- 11) May specialize in installation of automotive air-conditioning units and be designated Automotive Air-Conditioner Installer.
Is being an "AIR-CONDITIONING MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AIR-CONDITIONING MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AIR-CONDITIONING MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AIR-CONDITIONING MECHANIC"
Job Number: 6812