Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends air compressors driven by steam, electric, or gasoline powered units, to generate and supply compressed air for operation of pneumatic tools, hoists, and air lances: Starts power unit to build up specified pressure in compressor.
- 2) Adjusts controls or sets automatic controls to maintain continuous air supply to pneumatic tools or equipment.
- 3) Observes temperature and pressure gauges and adjusts controls accordingly.
- 4) Lubricates and cleans equipment.
- 5) May connect pipelines from compressor to pneumatic tools or equipment.
- 6) May repair low pressure steam boilers that furnish power for air compressor units by disassembling unit of boiler and replacing damaged parts, using handtools.
- 7) May be designated according to type of equipment operated as Air-Compressor Operator, Stationary; Compressor Operator, Portable.
Is being an "AIR-COMPRESSOR OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AIR-COMPRESSOR OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AIR-COMPRESSOR OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AIR-COMPRESSOR OPERATOR"
Job Number: 97