Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Applies engineering technology and knowledge of biological sciences to agricultural problems concerned with power and machinery, electrification, structures, soil and water conservation, and processing of agricultural products: Develops criteria for design, manufacture, or construction of equipment, structures, and facilities.
- 2) Designs and uses sensing, measuring, and recording devices and instrumentation to study such problems as effects of temperature, humidity, and light, on plants or animals, or relative effectiveness of different methods of applying insecticides.
- 3) Designs and directs manufacture of equipment for land tillage and fertilization, plant and animal disease and insect control, and for harvesting or moving commodities.
- 4) Designs and supervises erection of structures for crop storage, animal shelter, and human dwelling, including light, heat, air-conditioning, water supply, and waste disposal.
- 5) Plans and directs construction of rural electric-power distribution systems, and irrigation, drainage, and flood-control systems for soil and water conservation.
- 6) Designs and supervises installation of equipment and instruments used to evaluate and process farm products, and to automate agricultural operations.
- 7) May conduct radio and television educational programs to provide assistance to farmers, local groups, and related farm cooperatives.
- 8) Workers are usually designated according to area of specialty or product.
Is being an "AGRICULTURAL ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AGRICULTURAL ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AGRICULTURAL ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AGRICULTURAL ENGINEER"
Job Number: 84