Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that passes printed or dyed cloth through steam and chemical fumes to develop and fix colors: Measures out and mixes chemicals with water in tank.
- 2) Trucks cloth to feed-end of ager.
- 3) Sews end of cloth to leader in machine, using portable sewing machine.
- 4) Observes cloth entering machine to detect defects, such as holes and grease spots.
- 5) Examines cloth emerging from machine to detect uneven or incorrect color shade and color runs indicating incorrect adjustment of steam and chemical flow.
- 6) Turns valves to make adjustments.
- 7) Pulls cloth having imperfections over edge of truck for later removal and ravels seams to separate lots.
- 8) Marks aged cloth and records production.
- 9) Stops machine, cools interior with water, and enters ager to rethread cloth that has torn out.
- 10) May tear out patch of defective cloth for inspection by CLOTH PRINTER.
- 11) May tend machine using steam only and be known as Endless-Steamer Tender.
Is being an "AGER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AGER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AGER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AGER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 82