Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Examines clients with pain, stress, or tension, determines acupressure techniques required to relieve problems, and demonstrates techniques to client, according to knowledge of acupressure methods and techniques.
- 2) Directs client to lie on couch and positions client's arms and legs in relaxed position to facilitate examination and demonstration techniques.
- 3) Questions clients, examines client's muscular system visually, and feels tissue around muscles, nerves, and blood vessels to locate knots and other blockages which indicate excessive accumulations of blood, fluids, and other substances in tissue.
- 4) Determines cause of accumulations and acupressure techniques needed to increase circulation, according to knowledge of Asian acupuncture and pressure points and Western medical trigger points, bodywork techniques, such as Jin Shin, Do-In, Shiatsu, Swedish, and Esalen, and experience.
- 5) Feels tissue around muscles, nerves, and blood vessels to locate points and applies specified pressure at specified pressure points or muscles, using thumbs, fingers, palms, or elbows, to redirect accumulated body fluids into normal channels, according to acupressure knowledge, techniques, and experience.
- 6) Discusses findings with client and explains diet and methods to prevent recurrence of problem.
- 7) May be known according to specific method or combination of methods used, such as Gia Ahp, Jin Shin, Do-In, or Shiatsu.
Is being an "ACUPRESSURIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ACUPRESSURIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ACUPRESSURIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ACUPRESSURIST"
Job Number: 2583